Awesome News, Plus Nostalgia!

Hope everyone likes the new site updates; I've been meaning to add separate pages for a while now. I'm having some trouble tracking down a few of my old 2D animation files, but the ones I have found are posted in the 2D Animation section. There's also been a huge development in my life that should produce some new material in the coming weeks.

I've been on welfare for about a month now, and part of the arrangement involves me having to attend various seminars at GT Hiring solutions to help me find a job. They heard about me wanting to attend CATO's Grad Access Program, and how I haven't been able to save up the money for the damage deposit, so they actually arranged to pay it for me! So now I'll be spending the next ten weeks or so trying to teach myself how to animate in Maya. The interface differences between it and the XSI that I'm used to have been a little frustrating, but I know I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. On the side, I've also downloaded a trial version of Adobe Flash on my computer, so that I can attempt some more 2D animation. I'm having a bit of trouble with the keyframes, but with practice, I know I'll be able to produce a few things.

And now, and interesting little treat! During my hunt for some of my old school files, I happened across a folder containing one of my first commissions! Back in Kamloops, a friend of mine, Lawrence The Great, started an Ultimate Frisbee league, and asked me to come up with some t-shirt designs featuring each player's call-sign. There were fifteen in total, and to this day, each of the Ulti veterans posses their own shirts, myself included (my call-sign was 'The Ghost', for my ability to sneak up behind players and appear out of nowhere).

Here they are in all their silly glory! ^^















Comments