Daily Sketch: Medication

After months of being tossed back and forth between increasingly ineffectual counselors, the health center has finally gotten around to letting me see an actual psychiatrist about my depression. I've always been hesitant about this in the past, because I figured this would inevitably lead to me having to take antidepressants. After a particularly devastating episode in my life that involved a friend of mine, I've been left with a rather potent fear of mood-altering medication, so I wasn't exactly thrilled when the psychiatrist decided that this was the best course for me. He's being very supportive though and actively helping me with my anxieties surrounding the pills, so I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic. My body's still taking its time adjusting to them though, and my creative drive has been suffering as a result, so please have patience with me.

Comments