Bad Week

I learned this week that my old psychiatrist, the one who helped me overcome enough of my fears to start antidepressants, passed away. Some time ago, the clinic began cancelling and rescheduling appointments with his clients, myself included, and I was never given a solid reason why. Turns out it was a serious illness that eventually forced him to quit.

Since his departure from the clinic, I've been subject to a near-constant revolving door of different therapists and counselors, and I can easily say that my time with all of them combined have yet to come close to the level of quality and effectiveness I feel like I received during my time with him.

While a part of me suspected that he might have died, having it actually confirmed hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. My insomnia's been back in full swing, my appetite has been all over the place, and I can't seem to focus on the smallest of tasks, let alone drawing.


Hopefully this unfortunate hiatus will be a short one, but as usual, I'll be sure to make up for it. Thank you for your patience.

-Jennica

Comments